Saturday, November 22, 2008

14 hours, 20 minutes until race time


First off, you can track my progress here tomorrow:



Enter my race number: 111 ... and you'll know exactly how I'm doing. The site takes a while to update; like an hour or so after I cross through each scanner. But for those of you not here in Tempe, that's where you can follow along.


For those of you that will be here: Kelli and Heidi will have a tent sent up near the center of Tempe Beach Park; look for the tent with the Team Jelinek/Baker banner and the Team Jelinek/Baker green shirts.

The race starts at 7 a.m. Eric believes he'll begin the bike around 8 a.m. and the run around 2 p.m.; I think I'll begin the bike at about 8:30 a.m. and the run about 3:40 p.m. Eric estimates 6-7 p.m. as his finish time. I estimae 8:30-9:30 as my finish time. It could be as early as 8 p.m. or as late as 10 p.m., though.



The time is almost here. In a few minutes, dinner. Then put the kids to bed. Then off to bed myself. Crazy, crazy, crazy.


Here's my bike and run stuff laid out before being packed up and given to the race crew. You get your bike bag after you finish the swim; and your run bag after you finish the bike. Then you go into a changing tent and change.


Here's me checking in the bike today.


This will be last post. With the next post, I'll have either finished or failed - there will be no in between. And chances are, I won't have the strength to post tomorrow night; so check that web site.

Until we speak again - Ed


 
Clicky Web Analytics